Public Outreach & Education
Although our name is the Noxious Weed Control Board, an equal amount of our time and effort is devoted to educating Pierce County residents about the harmful impacts of noxious weeds, and helping them to ting identify and control , both regulated and non-regulated noxious weeds. The following services are provided to the community by the Pierce County Noxious Weed Control Program:
- Booth Events: Our noxious weed specialists operate an education booth at local fairs and events providing information and answering questions regarding noxious weeds.
- Educational Literature: Informational brochures and booklets on noxious weed identification and control are available at booth events and upon request.
- On-site Consultations: Noxious Weed Specialists will meet on-site with landowners to provide control options for specific noxious weed infestations.
- Noxious Weed Identification: Photos of unknown plants may be emailed to our offices for species identification and control options.
- Weed Wrenches: Weed wrenches may be checked out for a 2 week interval. A $25 dollar deposit is required and will be refunded upon return of the weed wrench in good condition. Download the Weed Wrench Agreement here.