Public Outreach & Education
Keeping the citizens of Pierce County informed and educated about the harmful impacts of noxious weeds and how to identify and control them, is a principal part of our program’s overall weed control strategy. The following services are offered to the community by the Pierce County Noxious Weed Control Program:
- Booth Events: Our noxious weed specialists operate an education booth at local fairs and events providing information and answering questions regarding noxious weeds.
- Educational Literature: Informational brochures and booklets on noxious weed identification and control are available at booth events and upon request.
- On-site Consultations: Noxious Weed Specialists will meet on-site with landowners to provide control options for specific noxious weed infestations.
- Noxious Weed Identification: Photos of unknown plants may be emailed to our offices for species identification and control options.
- Weed Wrenches: Weed wrenches may be checked out for a 2 week interval. A $25 dollar deposit is required and will be refunded upon return of the weed wrench in good condition. Download the Weed Wrench Agreement here.